Leaders in Safeguarding
Leaders in Safeguarding provides quality assurance and specialist support, advice, training and scrutiny of safeguarding arrangements in education, health, social care and leisure settings.
Our team of experts from the fields of education, health, social care and statutory inspection will help you ensure a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults by:
- providing specialist and experienced consultants to audit and scrutinise your safeguarding arrangements, systems and practice
- supporting you to develop dynamic safeguarding action plans
- improving safeguarding policy and practice within your organisation
- helping you prepare for statutory inspection via pre-inspection safeguarding health checks
- delivering first class training in safeguarding and Prevent that equips staff with the knowledge and skills to raise awareness of the risks of radicalisation and extremism in schools and colleges
- helping you to write critical incident plans for schools, colleges, health, social care or leisure settings
- ensuring policies, systems and practices are up-to-date and effective in dealing with bomb threats in schools, colleges, health, social care and leisure settings
- providing support with implementing the Prevent duty in colleges, schools etc. and conduct Prevent risk assessments in education
- facilitating workshops to raise awareness of Prevent (WRAP) for colleges
- supporting you with annual safeguarding audits
- helping with annual ‘safeguarding children and young adults reports’ to governors
- advising on safeguarding documentation for education, health, social care, sports and leisure industry
- scrutinising safeguarding and e-safety policies in education, health and leisure settings
- advising on anti-bullying policy for education
- advising on health action plans for schools, colleges and clubs
- providing training and support for designated safeguarding lead and designated safeguarding officers
- ensuring effective governance arrangements in safeguarding and child protection
- advising on information sharing and accountability in child protection and safeguarding
- scrutinising ‘whistleblowing’ arrangements in child care and schools, colleges and health and social care and recommending improvement where appropriate
Leaders in Safeguarding recognises your role in ensuring the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We take seriously the statutory and moral duty that exists to protect and promote the wellbeing of individuals accessing health, education and social care provision by providing:
- Scrutiny of safeguarding systems and practice
- Policy development and practical advice
- Expert consultants and First Class training
- Support and challenge to improve quality
What we do
Our approved safeguarding consultants visit organisations to assess the effectiveness of safeguarding arrangements. This involves close examination of recruitment, training, policies and procedures as well as observation of day to day practice and routine.
A full audit is conducted and a detailed report is produced.
Once this has been completed the safeguarding consultant presents their assessment and report to the Leaders in Safeguarding scrutiny and validation panel for approval.
The Leaders in Safeguarding panel consists of expert professionals from health, education, social care and statutory inspection sectors.
Organisations meeting statutory requirements and the Leaders in Safeguarding Standard are approved for the Leaders in Safeguarding quality mark.
The Leaders in Safeguarding Quality Mark is an award that celebrates and supports achievement in highly effective and robust safeguarding arrangements. It is awarded to organisations in recognition of their provision, practice and commitment to keep children, young people and vulnerable adults safe. The award is valid for two years.